Our Return Policy
Our commitment to you does not end at delivery. Items may be returned or exchanged within 7 days from when they were shipped, free-of-charge for residents of the United States of America.
We accept returns for refund or exchange within 7 days of shipment from our facility. We will send you a fully insured, free shipping label via email within one business day of your return request. Note: Two complimentary returns are allowed per customer, per year. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required for all returns. You may request an RMA by following the steps outlined below.
Please note that to be eligible for return, items must be in their original purchase condition, including all product documentation, and shipped back to us within 7 days. Our diamond buyback program with FIN Jewelry Designs is an option if you are outside of our return window.
To expedite an exchange for a different product, we recommend returning the original item for a refund and placing a new order. Please allow two weeks for your refund to be processed.
If a package or item delivered to you arrives damaged, please refuse the shipment or call us immediately at +1 (516) 942-2088. Please retain all packing materials unless instructed otherwise by FIN Jewelry Designs. Claims for damaged or missing items must be reported immediately or within 24-48 Hours of receipt of your order. FIN Jewelry Designs is not responsible for lost or damaged returned shipments.
- Engraved jewelry items other than rings may not be returned. All FIN Jewelry Designs engraved rings may be returned for credit, however engraving fees are non-refundable. Removal of FIN Jewelry Designs engraving from any exchanged or resized ring is free with no additional engraving fee.
- Diamonds purchased as part of our FIN Jewelry Designs Diamond Upgrade Program may not be returned for credit but can be exchanged within 7 days.
- Special orders are final sale and are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Returns without a FIN Jewelry Designs Return Merchandise Authorization will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork or product will not be processed.
Diamond and gemstone eternity rings with a specific number of gemstones per finger size; milgrain or ornate bands; some silver rings; or rings with alternative metals such as Tungsten cannot be resized, so please take care to order the correct ring size at time of purchase. For assistance determining the proper ring size, please contact customer service.
Diamond Buyback Option
We offer a buyback program that allows customers to sell a loose diamond or piece of diamond jewelry for a cash offer based on current market value. FIN Jewelry Designs considers diamonds that are 0.30-carat and larger (at least one diamond in a piece of jewelry must be that size) and extends a minimum guaranteed cash offer, sight-unseen, that is issued immediately upon receipt and inspection of the diamond. FIN Jewelry Designs will provide you a free insured shipping kit to get the diamond to them and requires a GIA report, number, or as much information as possible about the stone.
Additional shipping charges may be incurred if packages are returned via alternate carriers (including, but not limited to Canada Post). FIN Jewelry Designs reserves the right to charge your credit card for any fees we incur at time of package receipt.
For orders shipping to China, the 30-day period begins on the date you receive your order.
How to Prepare a Return or Exchange
To return a diamond or jewelry item to FIN Jewelry Designs, please follow the process below:
- Select your carrier and initiate your return.
If returning within 7 days, a free FedEx shipping label will be emailed to you once you have initiated your return (limit of two complimentary returns per customer, per year). If returning outside of 7 days (for resizing, cleaning, or repairs), you may return your merchandise using the carrier of your choice. All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number that must be clearly written on the outside of the shipping box you are returning. Simply print the label and affix to the outside top portion of the box. We offer the following options to initiate your return:
For single jewelry items $2,000 or less being returned for refund within 7 days:
We offer convenient and easy online returns for a refund of individual items of $2,000 or less within our 30-day return period. Please see our Online Returns portal for further details and to begin this process. (restrictions apply)
For single jewelry items over $2,000, and items for exchange, repair, or resize:
Please call a FIN Jewelry Designs Diamond and Jewelry Consultant at +1 (516) 942-2088. We are available 9 AM — 5 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time – US & Canada) Monday through Saturday.
- Package your item(s) securely in the original packing materials. If your return is for refund or exchange, please include any diamond grading reports or appraisal(s). Diamond grading reports and appraisals are not required for repairs and resizes. If your item was delivered with a diamond report and that report is not returned, you will be liable for the USD $150 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) replacement cost. For security reasons, do not write FIN Jewelry Designs anywhere on the outside of the box.
- Insuring your return shipment for its full purchase value is strongly recommended. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles. If using our complimentary return service, the shipping label emailed to you includes insurance protection. If you are not using our complimentary service (ex. free return label quota already met, or returning for resizing, cleaning, or repairs outside of 7 days), we offer an expedited return shipping option through Parcel Pro, which includes FedEx shipping service and insurance at discounted rates.
After Your Return is Received
Returns are processed weekdays and typically entered into our system within 24 business hours of receipt. Once entered into our system you will receive a confirmation email alerting you that your return has been passed along to our Quality Assurance department. Please allow 5 to 15 business days for this process to complete.
If you are expecting a refund, credit will be submitted to your bank within three business days. It may take your bank up to 10 business days to post the funds to your account. Bank wire refunds of USD $1000 or greater typically take 7 to 10 business days after the return has been processed. Returned orders with bank wire as the original payment method and a credit amount under USD $1000 will be refunded via check. Checks are sent via regular US Mail to the billing address in the original order (unless otherwise requested) and typically deliver within one week after the return has processed. Orders paid for through PayPal will be credited back to your PayPal account within two weeks.
Please note that after a significant holiday, heavier return volumes can double the normal return processing times.
If you are expecting a return shipment, you will receive an email once the outbound shipment date has been set. You will also receive a shipping confirmation email the day of the outbound shipment.
Cancel or Change an Order
If you would like to change or cancel an order please call a FIN Jewelry Designs Diamond and Jewelry Consultant at +1 (516) 942-2088. We will attempt to accommodate order changes to the extent possible prior to shipping confirmation. Some changes will result in a shipping delay. We are unable to accommodate changes or cancellations on special order requests and/or orders that have already shipped. If your order has already shipped, please contact us to set up a merchandise return once you have received the shipment.
Check Return Status
Check the status of your returned item on our Return Status page.